Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Once Upon a Time...




Once upon a time there was a girl who didn’t want to grow up. She didn’t understand love and she rolled her eyes at anyone who “settled down.” Then she met the man of her dreams at the young age of 24, was married by 25, bought a house the same year and became pregnant at 27.

During her second trimester of pregnancy she discovered hormones. While driving home one evening from work, she listened to every word of the song “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins. Here are the lyrics to the chorus:


But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

She pulled over because the tears had whelped up in her eyes so much she could not see to drive. She kept asking herself, “Am I going to miss this? Have I rushed things? Am I not enjoying my life as it is today?”

Then she realized two things…
1. I am hormonal.
2. The song is about a teenager and I am 27.

She giggled a little, then drove the rest of the way home.

The end.

In case you are wondering, this song is not about me…really…

No comments:

Post a Comment